Browse the European Wiki Encyclopedia of Law
Article 67 (1) of the European Union Treaty on the Functioning of the EU provides for the constitution of an area of justice with respect the different systems and traditions of the Member States.
The Encyclopedia of Law provides access to information about, among other European systems, the European Union and most Member States legal systems, as a tool for legal professionals and the public.
This online legal encyclopedia can be used in different ways. Search the entire website or browse through any of the Sections of Lawi, including browsing by Index, Thesaurus or Principles.
Advanced Tools for browsing
Lawi is offering many useful tools to assist with knowledge browsing of the Wiki Encyclopedia and other publications. These tools can help readers in reviewing the research they have performed, evaluating in some cases the citations in their browse result. Sharing the result in the Wiki Encyclopedia with searching tools, readers are able to expand or refine those results.
Categorization of Entries
Entries in the Wiki Encyclopedia of Law have been tagged with various categories to facilitate browsing and searching. To make best use of the site, please take in account that entries may be listed in more than one subject category. See below for links.
- Browse by Volume: By International Law Volume, By Case Law Volume, By Legal Practice Volume and By Legal Systems and Theory Volume.
- By Guide
- By Book
- By List
- By List of Reference Tables
- By Legal Organization
- By Index. Index Entries of each Chapter – General Index – Consolidated Index.
- By Court Case, including by Case Law in the United States
- By Principle
- By Category
- By Subject
- By Thesaurus
- By Current Legal Issue
- By Title: :# A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- By Alphabet
- By Justice Topic
- By Material
- By Legal Map
- By World Constitutions
- By Subdomain
- By Life Events Related to Law
- By Universal Decimal Classification
- By Moys Classification
- By Dewey Classification
- By Lawi Classification
- By Outline
- By Library of Congress Classification
- By Fundamental Concept
- By Source of Law
- Legal History
- By Law Course
- By Topics. See also Topics.
- By Places
- By People
- By Subject Tag
- Legal Thesaurus Template
- By RSS Feeds
- Browse by Chapter, Hierarchically and Alphabetically: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.
- Browse by Entry: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z.
- Browse by Part of the volumes, Hierarchically and Alphabetically
- Browse by Author
- Browse by Biography: Biographies beginning with:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- Browse by Date: last month last year All
- Browse by Appendix: Appendices by Chapter
- Browse by Thesaurus
- Browse by Legal dictionary